Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happy 5th Birthday to David

It is 5:15 am in the morning. I am baking David a birthday cake. Why? I LOVE HIM. David's recent daily ritual is to wake up EARLY & come into our bed. Fun for David, not so fun for Mom & Dad who desperately need sleep. Today, I HOPE DAVID WAKES UP EARLY. I want to spend time with him before work.
Our goal 3 years ago was for David to attend mainstream Kindergarten (without assistance). I am happy to say we have met that goal. My honest assessment is that David does need assistance (an aide) at school - we are fighting for that. He needs most help with his social interaction (interacting appropriately with other kids) snd staying on task (jacket in cubbie, participate in music class). I am worried he is an outsider right now, going through the motions without being able to jump into the "real world". Why? His strong intellectual ability overshadows the details of what he really needs.

I love you David. Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

suz said...

what a handsome young man. i really am seeing more and more of your face in his. hope he had a great bday.