Thursday, January 26, 2006

Nurse Jaclyn

I have been under the weather for the past couple of days (since Sunday). Not sure why - but it was an evolving sickness - first feverish, then tired, then stomach virusish, then more tired. The scale tells me I lost 5 pounds this week - but who knows.

What I do know is that I love my daughter. She nurtured her daddy over the past couple of days. Reporting to mom, when I felt hot or looked tired. She walked me up the stairs to bed. Came in the room in the morning to see how I was feeling.

What is most surprising to me is that she is evolving from a baby to a little girl. Very smart, outgoing, loving, free-spirited, a little testy at times but oh so joyful. What scares me is she really is like a miniature person that I can talk to and interact with. I guess what scares me the most is that she will be 6 years old in 2006. It is mind boggling to imagine I am now becoming a veteran of fatherhood - and I feel like I have so much more to learn.

No comments: