Saturday, May 30, 2009

4 Days, 4 Kids, 1 Dad

I have completed 5 hours of spending 4 days with the kids......alone! (queue dramatic background music). So far we have made it through breakfast (donuts, organic waffles and fruit) and 3 spilled drinks.

I look forward to spending time with my kids. During the week I don't see them as often, so weekends are special for me. It seems every week I look to reconnect. This will be an experiment for all of us. We will try to balance fun and work (trying to get that coverage for Monday and Tuesday) and sunshine and playing and meals and naps and schoolwork. While we miss mom (she is in FL), we know she is spending 4 days getting refreshed and replenished after 40 years of life.

If you have empathy for me.....wish me the best.
If you don't.....um, wish me the best anyway.

I will keep you posted on developments through facebook and twitter.

1/2 day complete....7 more 1/2 days to go.....but who's counting (smile)

No comments: