Friday, January 11, 2008

David's Favorite Planet

David loves astronomy. Specifically, David is in love with the planets.

Actual conversation in our household

David: Dad, Do you want to know facts about Uranus?
Dad: (with bad mental image in his head).....Um, sure.
David: Did you know that Uranus is the 7th planet from the sun.
Dad: (with sigh of relief upon recognition of which Uranus we are talking)....WOW!

This morning we went downstairs first thing in the morning.
Dad: This apple is big. Do you want to split an apple?
David: Will you have half of it?
Dad: Yes
David: Then yes, I would like to split an apple with you for breakfast and you can listen to me as I tell you jokes.

I listened and laughed at David as he read from his joke book. I love listening to David - whether it is about apples, planets or topics yet to un-cover.

1 comment:

Amy said...

David sounds like a very bright boy.

I love that he turned a shared apple into good father son time.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.