Friday, September 11, 2009

8 Years Ago

Sept 11 will always have signifigance for me. My father worked at the World Trade Center. I spent time there with him "behind the sheetrock" of the Twin Towers (he worked for NY Telephone). A small piece of me was lost 8 years ago today.

It saddens me that I will never be able to take my kids to see "where Grandpa Jack worked"

As a parent, I look back 8 years ago. J was our only child. Rachel was pregnant with D. Today all 4 kids go to some sort of school program. Life moves forward. We move with it. Gaining and losing pieces as we go.

1 comment:

Jane said...

My heart breaks as I read your post. I could only hope you and your family well and good as I know no enough words can heal the pain. Thanks for sharing your feelings. God is good! By the way, these best gifts that you could give your better-half might interest you too. Thanks and have a nice and fulfilling day.