Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fatherhood Talk

I had a good talk with the kids last night. Well, at least that is my opinion.
The talk centered around 2 things:
1 - Respecting yourself and others
2 - Inauguration of Barack Obama

The goal was to ensure they were being respectful to everyone but most especially their family. They are blessed to have each other and I know they love each other just by their actions. However sometimes life gets in the way. Let's see how much sticks for an 8, 7 and 4 year old.

I was pleased to know that they also watched the presidential inauguration at school. D was very expressive in letting me know about Obama and Biden. He also very clearly told me that Obama was the 44th president but the 1st African-American president. It was beautiful to hear.

In both instances, I hope they not only heard/saw but truly understand.

No comments: