Monday, April 28, 2008

Finding God In Autism

There is a book, Finding God In Autism, which I have yet to read. However, it looks very intriguing. Rachel has purchased it - so I will check it out when she is done.

You know, I never asked "Why me? Why us? Why my son?" There is an entire autism spectrum and I know every family has their own battles - for better or worse. We have days when we struggle. We are very blessed.

I do find God in autism. I find God in David and I find God in this journey we are on. I am very blessed to be David's Dad.

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

My son has ADHD (the inattentive type) and double deficit dyslexia. It was hard in the beginning but I trusted God knows best. And He does.

Nice to read your comment today :)

Let us know about the book if that's worth recommending to parents of kids with Autism. Because of my passion in advocating for our son, i have other parents referring parents to me for support when they meet a family who struggles with LD in their kids.

Aloha,
Liza

Anonymous said...

been thinking of you an.. have you seen this? http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/autism/index.html